Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Layering in the Summer Heat

There's something about layering that makes me feel so much more put together. A blazer, cardigan, or coat really help to complete an outfit. But, who can bear to wear these things on a steaming summer day? Layering in hot weather is a lot easier than I used to think. In fact, I thought it was dang near impossible! It has only been over the past couple of years that I came to the realization that there are MANY options for assembling a breezy layered summer look. Here's a list of my favorite:
  • Other Shirts
  • Vests (cargo vests are especially cute and trending now)
  • Cropped cardigans
  • Cropped denim jackets 
  • Silky scarves 
For the look below I chose to add a white button up that is loose fitting; a little rolling of the sleeves and BAM....instant summer cuteness!

Do you layer pieces in the heat? How do you manage to look polished sans layers??






What I Am Wearing:
Button Up - JCPenney
Top - Macy's
Shorts - American Eagle
Shoes/Belt - I have no idea, sorry!
Earrings - Forever21




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips